Are Alternative Education Programs Being Used to Warehouse Kids Who Have Been Pushed Out
May 29, 2007
Overview of alternative programs and discussion on the strategies for assessing and improving alternative programs. Following the call, the DSC produced the practical guide – Alternative Schools and Pushout: Research and Advocacy Guide.
- Gisela Alvarez and Shawn Morehead, Advocates for Children of New York
- Dan Losen, Senior Education Law and Policy Associate at The Civil Rights Project at Harvard University
- Dr. Augustina Reyes, Professor, University of Houston
- Dr. Lois A. Weinberg, Professor, California State University
- Jack Wuest, Director, Alternative Schools Network Chicago