As apart of our National Week of Action Against School Pushout, we are excited to share a new resource with you, the revised DSC Model Code on Education and Dignity. The Model Code presents a set of recommended policies to schools, districts and legislators to help end school pushout and protect the human rights to education, dignity, participation and freedom from discrimination. The code has been updated for re-release with several new sections that you can browse through using the new online version, including the following topics:
- Intervention Support Team Approach for Threat Assessments
- Culturally Relevant Curriculum and Teaching
- Racial Disparities in School Discipline
- LGBTQ+ and Gender Non-Conforming Students
- Immigrant and Undocumented Students
- Trauma-sensitive Schools
DSC will be releasing additional materials over the coming months to help communities use this new resource, and will be hosting trainings and webinars. To get more info directly from DSC join our e-newsletter list and follow us on Facebook and Twitter @DignityinSchool.