The Week of Action continues today in the Twin Cities, MN with a panel discussion by MN Alliance with Youth following a performance of Pipeline: Is There No Way Out? at the Penumbra Theatre, 270 N. Kent St, St. Paul, MN 55102. The performance begins at 2pm, tickets available here.
Today and throughout the Week of Action, DSC-California is supporting the Black Organizing Project’s 2020 goal to get police out of the Oakland Unified School District (OUSD), and to end the criminalization of Black and Brown students in OUSD and across the nation.
- If you’re an educator we invite you to sign BOP’s Sanctuary Pledge which calls for educators not to call cops on students, and not to call ICE or Homeland Security on any children.
- Also during the Week of Action, BOP will share solidarity videos on their social media pages. Follow BOP on Facebook and Instagram.
Social Media for #DSCWoA2019:
On social media we are using #DSCWoA2019 #EducateStudentsStopArrests #CounselorsNotCops #ReThinkDiscipline and sharing all of our demands: https://tinyurl.com/NatlDemands
- Spread the word for our #DSCWoA2019 Twitter Townhall on Thursday, Oct 24 at 6pm est! #runtelldat #EducateStudentsStopArrests
- We call on [enter your state] to shift funding from school police to counselors, peace builders, and positive discipline #EducateStudentsStopArrests. Check out https://tinyurl.com/NatlDemands
- We demand for @usedgov, [enter your state dept of ed] and local policy-makers to adopt #CounselorsNotCops #DscWoA2019 https://tinyurl.com/NatlDemands
- Follow #DSCWoA2019 to stay in the loop about what’s happening in your city and around the country! #EducateStudentsStopArrests